DM3114B Community Engagement in a Globalised Environment
- Unit Code & NameDM3114B Community Engagement in a Globalised Environment
- DescriptionThis unit draws on the experience of Salvation Army mission and leadership and outlines the impact of global factors on ministry.
It considers global issues such as intercultural practice, community development, and the interplay of development and Aid, and issues of gender. It considers theological components of global and community mission but has a strong operational and practical focus.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeIntensive
- DateSeptember 24 - 29 | 100 Maidstone St, Ringwood
- Prerequisites30 points in DA, DM or equivalent
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Identify several major ways in which globalisation affects local contexts and churches.
2. Demonstrate the ability to engage with developmental texts and issues with comprehension.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of missional practices specific to community development and inter-cultural communication within a globalised context.
4. Propose plans for mission projects that reflect both community and cultural considerations.
5. Critically analyse projects considering developmental and intercultural issues.