DM2717B Globalisation, Spirituality and Justice
- Unit Code & NameDM2717B Globalisation, Spirituality and Justice
- DescriptionThis unit develops tools and skills for understanding and analysing a range of selected social justice issues prevalent in today's world. It examines selected Biblical texts with reference to these specific issues. It adopts theological reflection and social analysis to develop a framework for application to other issues and contexts. The unit will include a critical and constructive review of The Salvation Army's responses to social justice.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Unit Points18
- LevelUndergraduate Level 2
- Semester2, 2019
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Prerequisites15 points from Field D
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, group work, online forums, videos
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
- AssessmentsOne online presentation and accompanying paper(can be book review) 2,000 words - 40%
One essay of 2,500 words - 60%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate the Biblical foundations of justice
2. Critically evaluate The Salvation Army approaches to social justice since its formation
3. Analyse the main ways in which Globalisation can affect individuals and communities and the implications for justice.
4. Apply theological reflection and social analysis to selected social justice issues.