DM2716B Human Rights and Faith: An Introduction
- Unit Code & NameDM2716B Human Rights and Faith: An Introduction
- DescriptionThis unit introduces the student to legal and theoretical concepts of human rights and their relevance and application to Christian faith and practice.
It will challenge the student to apply critical thinking to the impact of human rights theories on contemporary social issues, and evaluate how this affects Christian ethics and belief.
It will examine the impact of human rights on the Church, the Church's response to human rights and the Church's engagement with international human rights frameworks.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Prerequisites15 points in Field D
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Clearly articulate international human rights frameworks and principles
2. Apply missiological reflection to human rights concepts
3. Critically evaluate the place of human rights within the church
4. Analyse and articulate biblical responses to human rights issues within the global community.