DM1713B Mission Foundations
- Unit Code & NameDM1713B Mission Foundations
- DescriptionThis unit is designed to give the student an introduction to the concept and practice of mission and its priority for the people of God.
It explores the topic of mission from a biblical, theological, historical and sociological perspective. It enables the student to develop and apply concepts of mission in their local context.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Unit Points18
- LevelUndergraduate Level 1
- Semester1, 2019
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Learning ActivitiesLecturers, workshops, online forums
- AssessmentsOne 1,000 word case study/project - 25%
1,000 words equivalent online forum participation, regular postings - 25%
One 2,000 word essay - 50%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Identify developments in the theology and practice of mission in the Bible and in different eras of church history.
2. Describe the impact of current sociological issues and trends on the practice of mission for the church.
3. Define the concept of holistic mission.
4. Evaluate current approaches to mission utilised by individuals, congregations and denominations.
5. Propose strategies for mission in a local setting.