DA9794B Social and Community Services 2
- Unit Code & NameDA9794B Social and Community Services 2
- DescriptionThis unit builds upon the foundations created in Social and Community Services 1 in order to further explore the contextual, philosophical and practical concerns of contemporary social services that are being delivered by Christian faith-based agencies.
There is a particular focus on management functions including program planning, service delivery and community development frameworks.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDA - Mission and Ministry
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeOnline
- PrerequisitesDA9193B Social and Community Services 1 or equivalent
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Describe and critique the key principles underpinning community development approaches.
2. Evaluate the capacity for community development programs to impact structural disadvantage.
3. Analyse the role of capacity building within community development programs.
4. Demonstrate a clear understanding of program planning, management and evaluation as they relate to the provision of social and community services.
5. Critically analyse the key features for effective community engagement processes for Christian faith-based agencies.
6. Discuss challenges to theological and ethical understanding that may emerge from community engagement.