DA2194B Social and Community Services 2
- Unit Code & NameDA2194B Social and Community Services 2
- DescriptionThis unit builds upon the foundations created in Social and Community Services 1 in order to further explore the contextual, philosophical and practical concerns of contemporary social services that are being delivered by Christian faith-based agencies.
There is a particular focus on management functions including program planning, service delivery and community development frameworks.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDA - Mission and Ministry
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateMondays 1.30pm - 4.30pm | 100 Maidstone, Ringwood
- PrerequisitesDA2/3193B Social and Community Services 1 or equivalent
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Describe the key principles that underpin community development approaches.
2. Discuss the capacity for community development programs to impact structural disadvantage.
3. Analyse the role of capacity building within community development programs.
4. Demonstrate clear understanding of planning, managing and evaluating programs as they relate to the provision of social and community services.
5. Describe the key features for effective community engagement processes.