CT8301B Introduction to Christian Theology
- Unit Code & NameCT8301B Introduction to Christian Theology
- DescriptionThis unit is an introduction to Christian theology.
It uses The Salvation Army's eleven articles of faith as a framework for exploring key areas of theology, locating these doctrines within the theology of the wider Church.
- FieldC - Christian Thought and History
- DisciplineCT - Systematic Theology
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateTuesdays 9.30am - 12.30pm | 100 Maidstone, Ringwood
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Describe the foundational vocabulary of theology and the framework of the discipline.
2. Outline a working understanding of The Salvation Army's articles of faith.
3. Assess ways in which The Salvation Army's doctrines both align with and differ from some other Christian traditions.
4. Evaluate the impact of theological reflection on the Christian life and on the practice of ministry.
5. Employ foundational research skills in theology utilising primary and secondary source material.
6. Demonstrate competence in the critical analysis, evaluation, and construction, of theological arguments.