- Unit Code & NameCT2795B Salvation Today
- DescriptionThis unit will explore contemporary concepts of salvation with a particular focus on the relationship between theology and mission. It will include an examination of key biblical and theological sources which have contributed to the development of several modern soteriologies and offer constructive responses.
The unit will explore the significance of these concepts of salvation in relation to a range of issues including: social service, justice, evangelism and interfaith dialogue.
- FieldC - Christian Thought and History
- DisciplineCT - Systematic Theology
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Prerequisites15 points of CT
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Outline theological and missiological reasons for developing a contemporary soteriology
2. Articulate a theology of salvation that connects meaningfully with holistic mission
3. Demonstrate a broad understanding of selected biblical texts relating to salvation
4. Discuss the significance of context in the development of two contemporary theologies of salvation.