CT1290B A Salvationist Theology A
CT1292B A Salvationist Theology B
Learning ActivitiesLectures, discussion, forum engagement, videos, reading
AssessmentsThree Quizzes (5 minutes each) - 10%
1,500 word online forum participation - 40%
One 2,000 word Essay - 50%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Describe the basic vocabulary of theology and the framework of the discipline.
2. Outline a working understanding of The Salvation Army's articles of faith.
3. Situate The Salvation Army's doctrines within the broader Christian tradition.
4. Discuss the impact of various theological perspectives on life and ministry.
5. Show basic skills in the construction and evaluation of theological arguments.
Text BooksTexts to be purchased
Ezigbo, Victor I. Introducing Christian Theologies: Voices from Global Christian Communities, Vol. 1. Cambridge: Lutterworth Press, 2013.
Ezigbo, Victor I. Introducing Christian Theologies: Voices from Global Christian Communities, Vol. 2. Cambridge: Lutterworth Press, 2015.