BN2702B The Gospels and Mission
- Unit Code & NameBN2702B The Gospels and Mission
- Cross CodeDM2702B
- DescriptionThe Gospels both provide foundations for mission and are themselves a result of the early church's mission.
This unit will examine the mission understanding of the four Gospel writers. It will explore how this formed and reflected the mission of the first century Church, and it will outline the challenges that confronted both the apostles and the church. Careful exegesis of significant passages will be a key component in exploring mission theology and the practice of the early church.
- FieldB - Biblical Studies
- DisciplineBN - New Testament
- Unit Points18
- LevelUndergraduate Level 2
- Semester2, 2019
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Dr Arseny Ermakov
- Prerequisites15 points in DM or BN
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, group work, online forums, videos
- Assessments1 x 1,000 word online presentation - 20%
1 x 1,500 word study resource - 30%
1 x 2,000 exegetical essay - 50%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Identify key features of the missional perspectives of the four Gospels.
2. Exegete a biblical text related to this theme.
3. Explain the relevance of the mission approaches of the Gospels for contemporary ministry.
4. Identify and develop an educational tool targeting the formation of mission in a congregation.