- Unit Code & NameB7326 Psalms
- DescriptionThis course unit studies Israel's poetic literature and practice of prayer and worship as represented in the Psalter.
It provides an opportunity to develop exegetical skills in the analysis of Hebrew poetry.
- DisciplineBiblical Studies
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Prerequisites18 credit points in Biblical Studies
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the techniques of biblical poetry and the different types of Psalms found in the Psalter
2. Discuss the relevant historical, sociological and religious contexts of the Psalms
3. Exegete selected Psalms from the Psalter
4. Access and use the relevant secondary literature in a critical manner
5. Make effective use of the Psalms in theology and worship.